The Moon Shines off You
As you Lie there in the dark,
Me lying next to you on that hot humid night of summer.
The moons shines off your body,
off every line and countour of your muscle.
the moons shine bouncing from your glistening skin.
Your face looking beautiful in the moons light.
You breathe the smoke free from your lungs,
The nights sky, stars and moon behind the foggy smoke.
As your strong arms hold me next to you,
As you sing a lullabye to me,
As i lay next to you, safe in your strong arms.
I will forever remember this night my dear,
Although you are no longer here,
Thank you for all you did.
The time is right for me to bid farewell.
Farewell my darling.
May the moon forever shine to lighten the darkness that falls.
Rosalita Fernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Moon Shines off You by Rosalita Fernandez )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Auld Lang Syne, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
Poem of the Day
- After, Suzy Jay
- I dream high, Juwon Daniel
- Miss Universe, herbert guitang
- Cr0S$ linked - PrE$$ jUsT pRinT$, sEaN nOrTh
- To my English teacher, Mariam de Haan
- A Prayer For You, Michael P. McParland
- Falsehood Of Man, Tony Adah
- Sunset, gajanan mishra
- Silent Spring, Bijay Kant Dubey
- This world, appiah japheth