The Moth and the Butterfly
When the sun rises over the horizon,
The butterfly emerges to dance in its brilliant light.
It flickers its colorful wings with euphoria,
To celebrate all the beauty found
In the majestic garden of life.
When the moon arrives in the darkness,
The moth appears at the disappearance of sunlight.
It flickers its pale wings as it shakes from its deep slumber,
To go search for food
To carry it through the night.
The moth prefers the moon and detests the sun,
While the butterfly loves the sun and hides from the moon.
Every living creature responds to light,
But depending on the amount of light you have inside,
Determines which lamp in the sky
Your heart will swoon.
Suzy Kassem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Moth and the Butterfly by Suzy Kassem )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- woman pride, ademola oluwabusayo
- For Her, M.J. Lemon
- I Broke My Leg, M.J. Lemon
- Get Together in NCCF Benue, Dare Onadele
- A Man Dying, M.J. Lemon
- Force Of Nature, R B Seals
- People I See Sometimes, Casey Renee Kiser
- The Song of My Heart, Amber Carr
- Tales Of A Wife: My Devil, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- ARRIVAL DAY, michael walkerjohn