Imams offer prayers to Allah
As Minarets chant high.
Rastafarians invoke Tafari
And chant down Babylon.
Locals smoke Bang in the Siesta.
Sages chant Mantras as
Holy men speak incantations.
Christians filled with the "Holy Ghost"
Weep with joy and gladness.
Dalits are "touchable"
Anything is possible on the mountain....
Stars like diamonds ornament the sky.
Flora and fauna shelter in the moonlit escape.
Beauty is prevalent on the mountain.....
Narcissus Poeticus Poeticus
Cecelia GrantPeters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Mountain by Cecelia GrantPeters )
- I had shied away, hasmukh amathalal
- Shoemaker, Gaurav Juyal
- King Serpentine, Gaurav Juyal
- The clouds and the child, Thampi KEE
- To My Princess, Abekah Emmanuel
- Those sensations تلك الاحاسيس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The God gives, hasmukh amathalal
- Small fishes, Melikhaya Zagagana
- When you're old, JJ Evendon
- The story of the soap, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)