The Next Scandal...
Do we have the leadership to get us out of this mess?
Scandal after scandal and few politicians need to confess,
Where less than half of us vote on no-real-set election dates,
Where half our politicians are appointed and no need for debate.
Maybe this is the reason why less than half of us even vote,
That plus the three senators who got fired were not charged, please note,
And a scandal is not a real scandal if no one gets charged,
No need for an election if they are replaced and numbers enlarged.
And the appointed Senate will decide if something should be done,
They are aristocrats and the average Canadian can’t name one,
We don’t have death-with-dignity or compulsory votes,
Media moguls like these scandals seldom complain but promote.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Next Scandal... by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak