Ruler of the Night
Proposes his freedom Rights
to the depths of the Abyss surrounded by starlight
Creeps past the filth of tramps
Navigates past orange auras of city lamps
to alleviate the black corners in his spirit remaining damp.
Endless possiblities fills tonight
Binded by the exposures of sunlight
Finding his sanctuary in darkened delights.
In rapture, plunged into the shadows of darkness
to capture, only the truest beauties of the art of his.
Prisoner of mental recluse
Nauseous of his mundane abuse
Tired of being restricted of this gripping noose.
Roamer of the night
Smiles upon the blue auras of starlight.
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Nightwalker by Rafael Cazares )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)