The Odyssey Of Pastor Harold Schnabel
Listen up! It's Deacon Simon here,
Reporting on Pastor Harold Schnabel,
The minister we long ago defrocked.
Remember how he went to Holland
Years ago. Hard to believe but
He's coming back a millionaire
Who made his money
Running a bordello for midgets
With Peyronie's Disease
In downtown Amsterdam.
He hired his staff carefully,
Favoring double-jointed women who
Understand the geometry of angles,
Isosceles and otherwise.
He's coming back to take advantage
Of an American Renaissance
In porkpie hats. He says men
Will wear them once again
This summer and possibly forever.
It will be the same porkpie hat
Made famous by Buster Keaton,
The beloved comedian,
Who for years was chief custodian
In Harold's congregation, long before
We deacons finally defrocked him
For simony, calumny,
Feterosexuality and serial fraud.
Anyone who thinks Harold's wrong
About an American Renaissance
In porkpie hats needs to remember
The startling success he's had
Running that bordello for midgets
With Peyronie's Disease.
The staff of ladies he recruited.
Made Harold a millionaire.
We defrocked him for cause but
He's an entrepreneur extraordinaire.
He knows midgets and porkpie hats.
So, please, join me at the airport
Sunday morning after services
So we can make Harold's return
To our beautiful city a boffo event.
He's giving out free porkpie hats
To everyone who comes to greet him.
And big discounts to all midgets
With Peyronie's Disease planning
A trip to Amsterdam this Spring
To admire- what else? - the tulips.
There will never be another Harold.
Let's welcome Pastor Schnabel home.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Odyssey Of Pastor Harold Schnabel by Donal Mahoney )
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thank You, Tandin Dorji
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
- Baldy Bert, Von Kimball Barney
- Heartbreak Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Too Many Women, David Lewis Paget
- RESULT: THE LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)