The Old Rhyming Poetess
It has been awhile now since she has been in her life's prime
But the old rhyming poetess is still writing rhyme
She has penned many ballads and many a song
Amongst the greats of rhyme poetry she is one who belong.
One cannot say of her that her best days are gone
Into her seventh decade and still writing on
When sung or recited her musical poetry so pleasant to hear
Again she has been voted town poet of the year.
With anti ageing creams or dyes she doesn't cover her wrinkles and gray
She is what you see she has always been this way
A few decades ago when her hair was light brown
She was known to many as rose of the town.
The town's leading poet a grandmother of today
A few years ago her husband passed away
At her grief of his passing many poems she did write
Which to her many friends she does often recite.
At writing poetry she keeps getting better she matures like good wine
The one who has never written an unmusical line
The best poet in the town and for many miles around
And wordsmiths like her are not known to abound.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Old Rhyming Poetess by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- INNOCENT PRISIONER, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Watchman, Pijush Biswas
- Veni, Vidi, Vici. Okay?, Dylan Attard
- We are merely onlookers anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We are merely onlookers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
- The Very First Days of Autumn, Hebert Logerie
- Red, Nate Crow
- Always wrong, hasmukh amathalal
- Satan's obsessions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)