The One Thing
If I followed Descartes` method,
I would doubt the weather forecast
of a reporter who said:
'Tomorrow the skies wil be blue'.
The weather, being as unstable as fortune,
her cousin, maybe will turn out to be cloudy
and probably the sun will not shine.
But the one thing that I won`t doubt,
is that tomorrow after I come back home
from work, you will be there,
waiting for me and that our wedding
rings still shine despite cloudy days.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The One Thing by Noel Sevilla )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- More we walked., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel