The Paper Heart
At valentines day we all
cut out little paper hearts,
then we hand them to the
people we want to be our valentine.
And we cut them into all shapes
and sizes and make them all pretty.
Well I have one.
Her name is sally.
She is my paper heart.
I gave her to my valentine,
thinking they would take
good care of her?
Well bad thing about paper,
it gets torn apart, and ripped to shredds
very very easily.
My valentine tore my heart apart.
Then she gave me back Sally,
and all I could do was ask why?
I got no response.
I don't like paper hearts,
they don't last very long, and
get hurt very quickly.
My paper heart will never be the same.
So much for my perfect valentine.
Fallen Pixie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Paper Heart by Fallen Pixie )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(October 13th 1990)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1320 – 1392)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL