The Paper Heart
At valentines day we all
cut out little paper hearts,
then we hand them to the
people we want to be our valentine.
And we cut them into all shapes
and sizes and make them all pretty.
Well I have one.
Her name is sally.
She is my paper heart.
I gave her to my valentine,
thinking they would take
good care of her?
Well bad thing about paper,
it gets torn apart, and ripped to shredds
very very easily.
My valentine tore my heart apart.
Then she gave me back Sally,
and all I could do was ask why?
I got no response.
I don't like paper hearts,
they don't last very long, and
get hurt very quickly.
My paper heart will never be the same.
So much for my perfect valentine.
Fallen Pixie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Paper Heart by Fallen Pixie )
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah