Charles L. East
The hand of time
shall soon close itself about me.
The winds of winter foretell the final days
which demand I step into the endless depths of eternity…
powerless to deny it's irresistible command,
I must now accept repose beneath the silent
earth of the valley.
While reflecting in my quietest moments,
I sometimes ponder the hour of my birth
when I beheld in wonderment…
the fading, twinkling stardust upon my tiny hands,
and then how I followed, with such unfailing resolve and courage,
the burdened path destiny lay before me.
The softly tolling bell proclaims my journey near an end,
at last… my duty done.
Weep not, nor utter regret,
for I shall touch the stars once more
and with…stardust covered fingers…begin the
journey once again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('The Passing' by Zorika Petic )
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley