The People Decide
The people decided and voted for UKIP
Who made big waves that rocked the ship
Of main parties now wounded and feeling sore.
The TV's full of politics and becoming a bore.
Now it's all over bar the accusing & shouting
With new politicians strutting around pouting.
Look, we now have new kids on the block
In four years' time they too may get a shock.
The schools will still open & busses still run
With street lights not working creating such fun
And bouncing into potholes that remain unrepaired
And the angry public making politicians run scared.
Of long debates in the council chamber each evening
And lengthly discussions forming the basis for reasoning
With delicate Town Hall flowers all neatly arranged
We get another four years when nothing has changed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The People Decide by David Wood )
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)