The People Upstairs
The people upstairs all practise ballet
Their living room is a bowling alley
Their bedroom is full of conducted tours.
Their radio is louder than yours,
They celebrate week-ends all the week.
When they take a shower, your ceilings leak.
They try to get their parties to mix
By supplying their guests with Pogo sticks,
And when their fun at last abates,
They go to the bathroom on roller skates.
I would love the people upstairs wondrous
If instead of above us, they just lived under us.
Ogden Nash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The People Upstairs by Ogden Nash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...