The Perfect Book
I found it irresistible for the perfect book,
In the way it found itself, not I.
The rigid attention brings me forward,
For they encompass futures and proposals
For the dire circumstances of all.
Luring them into arts is the best meagre thought,
For they spend and you hit the button
For one automatic thought after another.
I see his eagerness, when arrested
By policies of the pathetic variety.
My dears are involved with the guys who whisper
Into the hearts of men who listen and understand.
Luring them into the dire straits
They have been approved.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Perfect Book by Naveed Akram )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Yuletide Double Dactyl, Harley White
- Sleigh Ride, Angela Wybrow
- Two Lost Souls, Michael P. McParland
- Understanding Is The Key 2, Michael P. McParland
- Understanding Is The Key, Michael P. McParland
- Undying Love, Michael P. McParland
- Vision Of Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Visions, Michael P. McParland
- Roman Showers, Michael P. McParland
- Double Rainbow, Liilia Talts Morrison