Here I lay
Shedding the stress born of day
Hoping my eyes'd stray away
All the way, down the slumber lane
Hence I lay, lost in the moon embrace.
An inevitable journey to destiny's lay
The road be thorned, scarred all the way
All day, borne in sun scorching play
Pores cried, wearied tears broke away
Replenished earth, thereby, danced in praise
'Man shall by sweat feed his fate'
All the way, the heat sank, all away
Drowned in horizons beyond our gaze
Calmness hence bathes the face
Far away, the night in hurried pace
Mind at valley, the heart beats a new phase
Gone therefore be the daily play
The night comes bearing a soothing play.
Awhile lays the day in wait
The night soon will wane away
Then the sun with the day shall awake
Adorning yet once again
The stage with his arduous play
A scorching play, all the way
'Till the night seizes the stage.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Play by Jubril Balogun )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay