Shakespeare was a playwright of great ability,
And, although very few of us know it,
That besides being a great writer of tragedy,
Shakespeare was a notable poet.
He wrote sonnets of love and sonnets of truth,
Countless sonnets of feelings in-depth.
He wrote sonnets of doubt and sonnets of proof,
Even sonnets about life and death.
His sonnets were unique 'cause he had his own style,
And this unique style was named after him.
Now, his sonnets have been 'round for quite some while,
And are read over and over again.
Although Shakespeare is dead and gone,
His great sonnets live on and on.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poet by Brian Swaine )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)