Shakespeare was a playwright of great ability,
And, although very few of us know it,
That besides being a great writer of tragedy,
Shakespeare was a notable poet.
He wrote sonnets of love and sonnets of truth,
Countless sonnets of feelings in-depth.
He wrote sonnets of doubt and sonnets of proof,
Even sonnets about life and death.
His sonnets were unique 'cause he had his own style,
And this unique style was named after him.
Now, his sonnets have been 'round for quite some while,
And are read over and over again.
Although Shakespeare is dead and gone,
His great sonnets live on and on.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poet by Brian Swaine )
- Faded Night, Michael McParland
- Love Stories, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Classmate, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Taking Charge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Consider, Suresh Dogra
- American's Never Back Down, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unite In Prayer, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silence, Akhil Zoomin
- Happiness, Kavya ...
- Mummy, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- AN UNENDING LOVE, Silent Listener
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Heather Burns