Shakespeare was a playwright of great ability,
And, although very few of us know it,
That besides being a great writer of tragedy,
Shakespeare was a notable poet.
He wrote sonnets of love and sonnets of truth,
Countless sonnets of feelings in-depth.
He wrote sonnets of doubt and sonnets of proof,
Even sonnets about life and death.
His sonnets were unique 'cause he had his own style,
And this unique style was named after him.
Now, his sonnets have been 'round for quite some while,
And are read over and over again.
Although Shakespeare is dead and gone,
His great sonnets live on and on.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poet by Brian Swaine )
- Ginkgo tree - a haiku, Susy Evelyne
- Corrective measure, hasmukh amathalal
- My Path to Self-Discovery, Deborah Eker
- Besides a star, gajanan mishra
- You Cried Last Night, Cigeng Zhang
- At Least Honesty Remained, Rohit Sapra
- THIS AUTUMN, Satish Verma
- खुशियाँ गौने से पहले ही... (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Fish Remains, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Is Still Alive, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)