Bijay Kant Dubey
The Politics Of Poets
The politics of the poets I like it not,
The politics of the politicians,
Hence, leaking it out the question papers,
Puncturing the car they have boarded.
They all have turned into poets except me,
Knocking at their door to open the hall of fame,
But they saying,
Who is it, who is it?
Having entered, they bolted the door,
Shutting me out, leaving in the dark,
Making me wait for and see the stars.
Under the open skies, on the verandah kept I waiting,
Marking the frosty night with the chilly winds blowing
With a blanket over me.
I waited and waited, letting me in just to note, asking me not to sit
When the conference was over
And the medals and prizes were given.
God-given merit, talent and genius in all
Lest we recognize it,
The same spark of genius in all, just spot them out with your talent search.
You call me a poet, write a paper on me,
Read a paper on me in a seminar,
As a reader and the paper will be mine.
I am an editor of a journal as for to be a poet and a critic
And you a reviewer favourite to me
As your papers on my poetry
And I publishing it in my journal or in the friend’s.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Politics Of Poets by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
- A. A. Anzarannii As An Indian English Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- From My List of Annoyances, Jeff Gangwer
- When A Flower Glooms, Eshan Gupta
- A Wealth, Like Truth, Jeff Gangwer
- "If I believed in your heaven...&qu.., Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)