Bijay Kant Dubey
The Politics Of Poets
The politics of the poets I like it not,
The politics of the politicians,
Hence, leaking it out the question papers,
Puncturing the car they have boarded.
They all have turned into poets except me,
Knocking at their door to open the hall of fame,
But they saying,
Who is it, who is it?
Having entered, they bolted the door,
Shutting me out, leaving in the dark,
Making me wait for and see the stars.
Under the open skies, on the verandah kept I waiting,
Marking the frosty night with the chilly winds blowing
With a blanket over me.
I waited and waited, letting me in just to note, asking me not to sit
When the conference was over
And the medals and prizes were given.
God-given merit, talent and genius in all
Lest we recognize it,
The same spark of genius in all, just spot them out with your talent search.
You call me a poet, write a paper on me,
Read a paper on me in a seminar,
As a reader and the paper will be mine.
I am an editor of a journal as for to be a poet and a critic
And you a reviewer favourite to me
As your papers on my poetry
And I publishing it in my journal or in the friend’s.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Politics Of Poets by Bijay Kant Dubey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Egoism, Edward Kofi Louis
- Caroline, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Silent Love, Phil Soar
- Dream (landless Zimbabweans), Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Vintage Flower, Edward Kofi Louis
- Proverbs, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Greatness In Courage, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Self, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- The Threat of the Weaker Sex, David Lewis Paget
- Sonnet 504, Luis Estable