Ramesh T A
The Presence of Sea!
Searching for Nature I see only sea everyday!
All the place has turned into concrete jungle!
Free open sea before me with waves is calm;
Go straight! You see Andaman Nicobar islands,
Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, .....
Philippines, Pacific Ocean, America, Atlantic
Ocean, Europe -Africa, Arabian sea and India!
Ships are navigating through all seas of world;
World Wars have sunk many merchant ships in
Oceans of world with treasures unrecoverable!
Only pirates and private sea explorers have gone
Deep inside the seas to see for treasures ever!
Colonial merchant ships carrying golds and silver
Torpedoed by Nazis are lying partially hidden
In the ocean beds of world yet to be recovered!
Only such thoughts flow whenever I see sea......
But calm sea makes me feel nothing of this effect!
Without sea waves and wind can anyone feel......
The presence of sea in the night time ever at all....?
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Presence of Sea! by Ramesh T A )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi