Ramesh T A
The Presence of Sea!
Searching for Nature I see only sea everyday!
All the place has turned into concrete jungle!
Free open sea before me with waves is calm;
Go straight! You see Andaman Nicobar islands,
Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, .....
Philippines, Pacific Ocean, America, Atlantic
Ocean, Europe -Africa, Arabian sea and India!
Ships are navigating through all seas of world;
World Wars have sunk many merchant ships in
Oceans of world with treasures unrecoverable!
Only pirates and private sea explorers have gone
Deep inside the seas to see for treasures ever!
Colonial merchant ships carrying golds and silver
Torpedoed by Nazis are lying partially hidden
In the ocean beds of world yet to be recovered!
Only such thoughts flow whenever I see sea......
But calm sea makes me feel nothing of this effect!
Without sea waves and wind can anyone feel......
The presence of sea in the night time ever at all....?
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Presence of Sea! by Ramesh T A )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Run For Glory, Karen GonzalezVidela
- Like A Needle And A Thread Did Wed (By S.., Anastasia Hunt
- snow at school, Juwon Daniel
- Be At Peace, Michael P. McParland
- Filing Bankruptcy, Susan Lacovara
- winter snow, Juwon Daniel
- Come Hold Me 3, Michael P. McParland
- Autumn, Andrea Vescovo
- I Love You Kira 6, Michael P. McParland
- sonnet 6: God of snow, Juwon Daniel