Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
The Prophet And The Poet: Parallelism In Biblical Poetry
of Biblical Old Testament
written in poetry?
Entire books Job Psalms Proverbs
the Song of Solomon Lamentations
except for short prose sections.
Large portions of Isaiah Jeremiah
the writings of Minor Prophets
adhere to poetic form and content.
Observe three main divisions
of an inspired Old Testament
the Law the Prophets the Writings
all contain prized poetry
in exultant larger amounts.
Why did God choose poetry?
Why do seven Old Testament books
Leviticus Ruth Ezra Nehemiah
Esther Haggai Malachi lack poetic lines?
assonance rhyme; are rare
in Hebrew Biblical poetry.
an essential formal
of one line
by the content
of the next line
in sense rhythm
The three main types
in biblical poetry
are in each hidden
what secrets cloaked?
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Prophet And The Poet: Parallelism In Biblical Poetry by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- changing the world, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Worrdless Man xx xxx xx Original 12 .., Lee Mack
- Not seeing sweet Sweetie is impossible!, Nyota Yasulwe
- Rollikng Six xx xxx xx Original 11 1.., Lee Mack
- Beg the Question xx xxx xx Original 1.., Lee Mack
- गोखा मोन्दांथि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mythic Implications Versus Contemporary .., Terence G. Craddock
- When Sin Could Never Be xx xxx xx Orir.., Lee Mack
- Tab Yaad Tumhari Aati Hai, Mithilesh Dixit
- Out Of The Light, Michael McParland