Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
The Prophet And The Poet: Parallelism In Biblical Poetry
of Biblical Old Testament
written in poetry?
Entire books Job Psalms Proverbs
the Song of Solomon Lamentations
except for short prose sections.
Large portions of Isaiah Jeremiah
the writings of Minor Prophets
adhere to poetic form and content.
Observe three main divisions
of an inspired Old Testament
the Law the Prophets the Writings
all contain prized poetry
in exultant larger amounts.
Why did God choose poetry?
Why do seven Old Testament books
Leviticus Ruth Ezra Nehemiah
Esther Haggai Malachi lack poetic lines?
assonance rhyme; are rare
in Hebrew Biblical poetry.
an essential formal
of one line
by the content
of the next line
in sense rhythm
The three main types
in biblical poetry
are in each hidden
what secrets cloaked?
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Prophet And The Poet: Parallelism In Biblical Poetry by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Am I Living Alive, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Sunset: Couple Time, Saiom Shriver
- A Vague Twist, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Petty With Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Goodnight Prayer, Michael P. McParland
- A Faux Sense of Futility, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- This Aging Man, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Farewell Decay, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Something Sweet, Michael P. McParland
- who's the Charles in charge of this?, Mandolyn ...