The Rain Maker
Dull clouds shade the bright stars in the sky
Bring rain to fuel my desire.
Bring rain to feed the masses.
Bring rain to make the world green and lively
Then shoo the clouds away to begin a new day.
Created by the man above
To give life the world below
Supplied by Mother Nature
And Father Earth to provide life
So that man can exist, live, and work for a better future.
Man sows the land and seeds the dirt.
Flowers sprout, bountiful vegetables.
Powerful smells of the future so bright.
Love and nourishment for the masses
Become the Rain Maker.
It is His gift to man.
Rain shrouds the gray sky.
He makes the rain so we can live
To serve Him on the mortal lands.
He is the Rain Maker.
Megan Ayscue's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rain Maker by Megan Ayscue )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Hidden man, casmire Emeribe
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)