The rainy season
When the warm-summer sun, that browns
Trees and every plant, begins to return again
To longitudinal distance and sets down
His entity the horizon, comes the season of rain.
I love the season, and take smell
Of the forest's ferny floor that thrives
And the dark and many-folded clouds foretell
The coming storms, that revives.
From the earth's soaked ground
The new saplings suck their sustenance.
Pestilence-stricken trees, drooping year round-
Get vitality year after, and again dance.
Clouds overcast the skies every afternoon
When a darksome veil enshrouds hill and plain;
Thereafter the heaven spills water, an oozing boon.
Lately, but ending of the earth's live-long pain.
When the earth craves, the skies keep plight
To fill the beings with provision and water.
The opening of the threshold of hope and light
Is initiated with coming of rain, the sea-daughter.
Amid all, a softly warbled song blows-spellbound
Over the hill, over the plain, through bush or brier;
That makes us sleep and brings happiness-profound
Throughout the rainy season, so dear.
Pijush Biswas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The rainy season by Pijush Biswas )
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)