Valerie Christine Anderson
The Rejection Of Love
Why do people reject love
Is the question on my mind,
Is it because of past rejection
Of people who were so unkind?
Is it because of past failures
And disappointment from a friend,
Or father, mother, or loved one
Who brought their life to an end?
Or maybe because of a person
To whom they gave all their love and care
Who turned and walked away from them
And left them standing alone filled with tears.
Or maybe because of a parent
Who selfishly walked out
Leaving all their children
Filled with fear and doubt.
Or maybe because they don't know God
And bitterness has filled their hearts
Because without God
Love And Peace can have no part.
Valerie Christine Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rejection Of Love by Valerie Christine Anderson )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye