The starting pistol cracks:
Now there's no going back.
My thoughts are collected.
The air is pure electric.
My soul is alive
With determination and drive.
My muscles are burning.
To win, I am yearning.
I'm taking the strain.
I'm feeling the pain.
I've a burning desire.
My lungs are on fire.
I've got something to prove.
My performance is smooth.
In my ears, my breath's loud,
As is the noise of the crowd.
The crowd, they are cheering.
The end, I'm now nearing.
My heart is full of pride,
As I take my final strides.
I reach the finishing line,
And the victory is all mine.
My medal I now hold -
And, yes, it's the GOLD!
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Runner by Angela Wybrow )
- Leave The T.V. Off, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Am Grateful, Liilia Talts Morrison
- When love seemed extra special, Mark Heathcote
- Hand To Hold, Kelly Zion
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)