The Sandman (Children)
Daddy said to Mom and me,
'Good night, I'm going to bed.
I'm sleepy and the Sandman
has been dancing on my head.'
(I don't think I like this Sandman.
Why'd he do that to my dad?)
and then I asked my mommy,
'Is the Sandman someone bad? '
Mom smiled and said, 'Don't worry.
The Sandman's just pretend.'
...but I'll sleep with one eye open
just in case he comes again.
C.J. Heck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sandman (Children) by C.J. Heck )
- Don't Let It Be, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LOVE IS A DELICATE THING, Marcus McKinley
- Beaming Bolts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's only human, Priscilla Rose
- October...come she will., Roxanne Dubarry
- Fly Away, Gerry Legister
- Good For Nothing (Fun Poem 161), David Harris
- I Went, Vera Sidhwa
- Se(lection), Tony Adah
- Octopus, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)