The Second Day We Met
It is early Sunday morning
at St. Luke's Hospital. In the maternity ward ard.,
Where I adored this beautiful face - -
What a wonderful, amazing, astonishing place.,
With such a pretty smile and face.,
Before I could cry out to your pretty face.,
An angel in a blue coat took you from our place.,
I began to cry out:
Where are you taking this pretty face?
I cried, cried and cried.,
Next. The angel in the blue coat. Took me from our place.
Can this angel be taking me back to your pretty face?
This angel took me to another pretty face.,
Everyone kept calling this pretty face, 'Mommy, mommy, mommy...'
For the next twenty-three years.,
While I did my growing and learning.,
Mommy was my only pretty face.,
It is early Sunday morning at,
St. Luke's Presbyterian Church.,
Sitting there, in the church pew.,
I see a pretty face.,
I cry out, 'Have I ever met you in another place? ',
The second day we met!
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Second Day We Met by Ronald Chapman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis