The seeing eye
The Seeing Eye
This nature I see is mine it doesn´t belong to anyone else,
those winding roads with cracked asphalt, there has been
an earth disturbance at some faraway place, perhaps China
or cracks in the memory of the elderly.
Silence in the landscape of mine emits an aroma of forest
is green as the vine, ghostly as haze over a lake and hums
like a vanishing echo of a childhood lost by those who had
grown up too quick and could no longer chase rainbows.
I drive west or east, or if the wind blows it is renewed and
I must leave as I can´t keep it, more than I can keep
the golden bird with brown wings that flies in front of me.
This nature is a part me and can´t be shared, as your mind
has its observations and sense of what is amazing.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The seeing eye by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA
- you are neither changed nor diminished, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda