Theodora (Theo) Onken
The Seventeenth Day Of November ~
It was just another Friday in November
The streets of Seattle wet with rain
Grey clouds hanging by thin threads
November colder than ever~~filled with dread
The phone ringing was almost echo-like
My father's voice~a quiver~on the line
'your mother is now at peace with her maker', he said
Hence came a pause as eternity~much like the end of time!
The streets of Seattle were flooded with rain
By, Theodora Onken
Please read the poem i posted on November 17,2012.
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Seventeenth Day Of November ~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma
- She brings me the greatest kind of delig.., Gert Strydom
- Metallurgy, Gert Strydom
- Stolen Heart, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare