Since I sat in the garden this morning -
The trees stood abloom in blue,
Full of thrush calls and trills -
I saw my shadow in the grass,
Immensely distorted, a fantastical animal,
That lay before me like a bad dream.
And I left and trembled very much,
Meanwhile a fountain sang in the blueness
And a bud leapt purple
And the animal went alongside.
Georg Trakl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shadow by Georg Trakl )
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow