The Sober Mistress
She broke up with me I left and slammed the door,
played pool in a bar and drank cold beer.
Closing time I walked back to her house knocked and
she let me in; had a bottle wine, I drank it all.
Somehow she dragged me into her car, I can´t remember,
she dumped me on the lawn outside my own house.
Woke up and it was dawn and bloody birdsong.
Indoors, a shower and black coffee, I rang her and asked
why she had dumped me, after all we had a terrific sex life.
Yes, but after sex there was nothing more, all you wanted
was to possess me and when we did we were both drunk;
and the people in AA tell me I have to avoid exploiting men
like you if I´m going to stay sober.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sober Mistress by oskar hansen )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan