The Sound of Rain...
I lie so relaxed in my bedroom reading the novel about love….
Trickle Trickle Trickle…..is the sound of the falling rain…yes I can hear it...
It’s so refreshing…It’s also a little scented…with a soft breeze blowing in gently though the open window.
Pitter, Patter Pitter.…is the sound of the raindrops now drumming hard against my window.
Raindrops so crystal clear it’s even tempting to hold out a glass and catch a drink of the rain…
So clean and so natural from above so high…Its purity is a real delicacy.
Puddles now rippling on the uneven pavements.
Ripple, Ripple, Ripple.... is yet another extraordinary sound.
I see a couple across the park cuddling up so warmly
underneath a shelter admiring the pretty rain as it starts to pour down.
I want to dance and get absolutely soaked in the rain! ! !
I want to sing 'Singin in the Rain' with a big black umbrella! ! !
Rain, Rain please come again, you’re needed now & forever.
You play a beautiful part of nature and living…
Trickle, Trickle, Trickle…
Pitter Patter Pitter…
Ripple, Ripple Ripple…
Is the most sweetest sound of RAIN to my ears…
Premila Patel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sound of Rain... by Premila Patel )
- Unchampioning The Champion, Walter T Rambwi
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
- Ficticious, Nicholas Nikolov
- Love Is Weak, Tony Adah
- Behind the rock of suicide خلف صخرة الان.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The All-knowing God, Dr John Celes
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)