Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are,
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
When the blazing sun is set,
And the grass with dew is wet,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.
Then the traveler in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
He could not see where to go
If you did not twinkle so.
In the dark blue sky you keep,
And often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut your eye
Till the sun is in the sky.
As your bright and tiny spark
Lights the traveler in the dark,
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Star by Jane Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All and all, gajanan mishra
- War is already going on- -, Aftab Alam
- She Took Them Away, Kelley Collins
- Bis repetita non placent, Marcel Aouizerate
- Red Revolution, Aftab Alam
- La guerre jusqu'au cessez-le-feu, Marcel Aouizerate
- Regions, Marcel Aouizerate
- Pyaar kaa ye jahaan, nafraton me kho diye,, Aftab Alam
- Les tragédies les plus courtes sont les .., Marcel Aouizerate
- A Body Untraveled, David R.