Dan Reynolds (Justiceville)
The Straits of Cerebronica
Has destiny deprived us of our right
to surf the happy breaker for a while?
Must dips and hollows shade us from such light
as, oh so temporary, courts the smile?
The doldrums seem to idly pass in time
whilst wild elation rushes to the shore.
Must happiness be frowned on as a crime?
The odd crash to the cliff, then nothing more.
In truth, the timing of the tide eludes
the shipping forecast of the wayward soul
The sirens sing the lost Chopin etudes
the Loreleis will lure us to their goal
The power of the surge creates the peak.
Without that, could we ever be unique?
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
- 180 Second Freefall
- 2’s Co. (3’s A Shroud)
- 21 Words Of Guidance, Will You Save Your...
- A contract of contrition.
- A Disgraceful Retirement?
- A Dragonfly Dilemma.
- A Fairy Tale of Sorts
- A not so brave pyugh world
- A posthumous pondering
- A Progress In Work
- A rude rhyme on the rudimentaries.
- A sonnet for Sam.
- A Sonnet On The Passing Of A Friend's Ca...
- A sonnet on the wind's promises.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.