The Straits of Cerebronica
Has destiny deprived us of our right
to surf the happy breaker for a while?
Must dips and hollows shade us from such light
as, oh so temporary, courts the smile?
The doldrums seem to idly pass in time
whilst wild elation rushes to the shore.
Must happiness be frowned on as a crime?
The odd crash to the cliff, then nothing more.
In truth, the timing of the tide eludes
the shipping forecast of the wayward soul
The sirens sing the lost Chopin etudes
the Loreleis will lure us to their goal
The power of the surge creates the peak.
Without that, could we ever be unique?
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Straits of Cerebronica by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Learning to Lean on Him, Annajoy Thompson
- Learning, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Belong, Anthony Di'anno
- Focus On Your Studies, Ronell Warren Alman
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer