The Devil entered my heart, and in it saw an angel.
And in the twinkling of an eye a violent fight broke out between them.
One said, This house is mine!
and the other said it was his,
while i witness what goes on, without the slightest move,
Asking my lord: Is there in all creation a god besides you,
whose hand, together with yours, fashioned my heart from the beginning?
And untill today i see myself in doubt and confusion,
Not knowing whether in my heart is a demon or an angel.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Struggle by Mikha'il Na'ima )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe