The Devil entered my heart, and in it saw an angel.
And in the twinkling of an eye a violent fight broke out between them.
One said, This house is mine!
and the other said it was his,
while i witness what goes on, without the slightest move,
Asking my lord: Is there in all creation a god besides you,
whose hand, together with yours, fashioned my heart from the beginning?
And untill today i see myself in doubt and confusion,
Not knowing whether in my heart is a demon or an angel.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Struggle by Mikha'il Na'ima )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Nicely salty..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Born Country, Maverick Jones
- Jhoom Jhoom Aa Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- NO MORE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Dil Mera Wo Le Gaya, Upendra Singh
- Foolish Pride, Barry Jablonski
- SUPERMOONS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Behind mount sinai | Write Out Loud, oskar hansen
- Internet, Margaret Moran
- POLAR VORTEX, MOHAMMAD SKATI