The Style Of The Time
Allow me, let me explain first,
The case in my court, the terms.
When you dwell with us
In the universe of words and verse,
The art called poetry,
There are different styles and beauty:
Classicism and Romanticism.
Classicism is no admirer of feelings
His eye brows are in contemplation steep
He sees the outside only
Through his mind.
Romanticism pampers, kindles emotion
Her lips forms n in sad and u in excitation
She views the world through the coloration
Of her heart.
I am done! With the terms.
The main meal I would serve
And it is said:
21st Century is black-holing classicism,
The one who appeared first,
And and and crowning Romanticism.
Love poems here
Love poems there
The many writes, prints and search.
I do not condemn.
The truth is I am more classic,
In my fingers than Romantic.
There is competition here and there
But I am afraid to submit my works.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Style Of The Time by Kelvin TakyiBobi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1923 - 1998)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra
- Art or no art, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer
- Mighty Ocean, Zoila T. Flores
- Words left unsaid, Yisel Chong