It has a hole in it. Not only where I
The river still ribboning, twisting up,
into its re-
arrangements, chill enlightenments, tight-knotted
and loosenings--whispered messages dissolving
the river still glinting-up into its handfuls, heapings.
forgettings under the river of
and the river of my attention laying itself down--
reassembling--over the quick leaving-offs and windy
and the surface rippling under the wind's attention--
rippling over the accumulations, the slowed-down drifting
of the cold
I say iridescent and I look down.
The leaves very still as they are carried.
Jorie Graham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Surface by Jorie Graham )
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry