* THE SWINE FLU OF EARTH *
From whence come a swine flu
Still all are groping for a clue.
Oh Lofty Heavens! How come it
invades human race
Unless they too have become
swine’s own image.
The Human too
has infested the hallowed
frame of earth.
He is destroying the tree- earth’s lungs
He is polluting ocean- earth’s blood
He is hollowing mountains- earth’s bones
And excavating minerals- earth’s tissue
This swine flu of earth
is swarming, encircling and
suffocating earth’s breath.
This wretched leeches or earth influenza virus
sucks and gnaws the body of Gaia
Born to deface
Is he really worth his salt
or God’s mind-boggling fault.
ANJALI SINHA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* THE SWINE FLU OF EARTH * by ANJALI SINHA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Fighting a hard fight, Peter Strugnell
- Ballade [I die of thirst beside the foun.., François Villon
- To Rosemounde, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Jo aashiqui me sarvsrestha hota hai, Sumit Rawat
- Amor vincit omnia, Suhail Kakorvi
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver