THE SYSTEM IS PERFECT... SEPT 16TH,2013
As Canadians, we don’t vote for our prime minister by name,
The political party does and this is not the same - a shame,
And the prime minister then appoints his friends as senators,
Mulroney’s appointees gave us the GST - the instigators.
Neither can our Senate system be changed, like it or not,
So much for distant democracy; we have to deal with what we got,
Which could be why, only less than half of us bother to vote,
Indifferent unchangeable system that may have us by the throat?
Hundreds of appointees though Canadians may know one or two,
I have to pay Mulroney’s GST and of course you do too.
But everything is perfect; like what some media moguls say.
And don’t you dare ask them a question or think or quiz their ways.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE SYSTEM IS PERFECT... SEPT 16TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)