THE SYSTEM IS PERFECT... SEPT 16TH,2013
As Canadians, we don’t vote for our prime minister by name,
The political party does and this is not the same - a shame,
And the prime minister then appoints his friends as senators,
Mulroney’s appointees gave us the GST - the instigators.
Neither can our Senate system be changed, like it or not,
So much for distant democracy; we have to deal with what we got,
Which could be why, only less than half of us bother to vote,
Indifferent unchangeable system that may have us by the throat?
Hundreds of appointees though Canadians may know one or two,
I have to pay Mulroney’s GST and of course you do too.
But everything is perfect; like what some media moguls say.
And don’t you dare ask them a question or think or quiz their ways.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE SYSTEM IS PERFECT... SEPT 16TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable
- Not guest, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Felt Things, Luis Estable
- Sins may raise, hasmukh amathalal
- Immortal lives on the battle field, Steve Jackson