The Tears That Men Are Loathe To Shed
The driest tears that crown the eyes
and drain the will to weep
mean more than wailings' dour disguise
and every secret that we keep.
These tears of men which never fall,
but wait within some wasteful pool
of lost emotion's hallowed hall,
to whet and sate another fool.
We chide and cherish both displays
as strength or weakness too.
The driest tears of man's dismays
still cannot help but cloud our view.
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tears That Men Are Loathe To Shed by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A piece of my ground, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey