I went visit a friend of mine it had been a year since
I last saw him when he had been at my home. He didn´t
look glad to see me but invited me in, appeared nervous
didn't offer me anything to drink, and I felt embarrassed.
He bent forward as to say something, but changed his mind.
I made my stay short and he was relieved to see me go.
I suddenly knew way, when he last visited me some money
in an envelope on my desk, for paying bills, went missing;
I never suspected him. I got over the loss it was only
misplaced cash. Alas, he had not forgotten his theft and it
gnawed on his mind and he could no longer bear to see me,
like he blamed me for his fall from grace. Poor man if he
needed money he could have asked me. As it is I have lost
a friend who is suffering in his own private hell.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Theft by oskar hansen )
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI