The Things That Make Me Miss You
I miss your footsteps in the hallway.
Arriving home from work at 6, always.
You would always forget to wipe your feet.
Leaving a trail of dirty footprints for me.
I miss your singing in the shower.
Missing the high notes, always.
You would always forget the words to a song.
But without a pause you would carry on.
I miss your laughter at late night tv.
Reciting to me the punchlines, always.
You would always forget the important lines.
Even the jokes you told me all the time.
I miss the essence of you.
The things that only you do.
The words that only you could ever say.
To take the yearning for you,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Things That Make Me Miss You by Rachel Henley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Disenfranchised From Your Mind, Captain Cur
- Say never that you are doing, gajanan mishra
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious
- On Charles, the gray and white kitten wh.., Manny Furious
- Truth, joe foster
- After work, Manny Furious
- The Problem, Aayush Pandey