cheryl davis miller
The Three Pigs
This is the story of three little pigs.
Not that old-time fable from the past
A modern-day saga of the three pigs.
Here is a quick run down of the cast
Mother was too wise to ever give heed;
she instructed she did not receive.
Sonny spat upon everyone else and
would seek out all the young to deceive.
Miss Pris the third in this pig trilogy;
thought that she was the fairest by far.
She would preen and pose in the looking-glass;
acted like she was a movie star.
They tossed their manure everywhere they went
tried to make everyone smell as them.
Rooted and snorted and destroyed much till;
it all came home to roost; it was grim.
They found out to late there's a big bad wolf;
and he loves to catch vain little pigs.
Which he captures at will for his dinner;
for he loves to eat self-serving prigs.
See, their house it was built on shifting sand
and they mocked those built upon the Rock.
One day the wolf came and blew on their house,
then at last they began to take stock.
Maybe they should not have been quite so quick,
to think they were some elitist pigs.
Or maybe they should have built on the Rock;
and built the house out of more than twigs.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Three Pigs by cheryl davis miller )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Leaving her, James Jarrett
- Asleep, Luo Zhihai
- Pickled with fate and time, Aftab Alam
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher