The Three Stages Of My Life.
Bruised and lonely as i sit, I ponder upon what has made me this.
Bending down to see how far does this go,
the shades of memories making me low.
The three stages of my life, i see.
Kid, Child and teenage namely.
Each emphasizing to its own,
Pointing out, every mistake, equally grown.
Giggles of a new born, do i hear,
Grumbles of a youth, do i hear,
Crises of my teen, do i hear.
I hear the agony of a broken crayon,
I see the distress of un-satisfied wish for a chocolate,
I feel the miseries of a broken heart.
I hear the bliss of making noises,
I see the pleasure of being the favorite child,
I feel the joy of getting someone's attention.
I hear the passing bells of a pram,
I see perplexity to decide the favorite cartoon,
I feel the dilemma of two different perspectives.
Walking beyond the lane of my memories,
i halt at a place called present,
I stand up from the place of despair,
Grasp all those sheds of tears and Smiles..
And Begin walking towards my future....
Tanishq Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The poem narrates some insignificant yet significant events in the process of advancing from childhood to an adult hood.
The poem illustrates pain and agony, and at the other hand, sparks the joy and happiness.
Comments about this poem (The Three Stages Of My Life. by Tanishq Sharma )
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)