I see before me
It tells me
That there are others too
Who have trod along this way,
And I, though presently alone,
Take comfort in this fact.
The time is fast approaching
When no longer shall I be content
To trod the path of others -
Indeed, even now,
My silent wings have begun to move me
Where I will.
And they do.
And I learn.
And it is through these words, these poems
That I share.
And later, later,
I know there will be those
Who will also walk this path -
And they too,
They will come to understand
And willingly agree to pass along
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Trail by Mike Barrett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki