The Twilight Zone
Into the twilight zone I travel
where others may fear to go.
But since my youthful days I knew
that I could accept life's blows.
When I stop and think how fate
plays around with our lives,
I'm never surprised by anything
or how the unknown arrives.
It steps right in and makes you wonder
'Why is this happening to me? '
And the answer of course is simple,
to see what your reaction will be.
Some live with the philosophy of blind faith.
I challenge blind faith every day.
I open the blinds, pull up the sash
to seek black and white, not gray.
This attitude of mine brings awe,
but never shock or fear.
I look around and see others' despair
and usually what I hear
is 'Why Lord, I've been good.
I don't deserve any of this.'
Then that twilight zone their in
they never can dismiss.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Twilight Zone by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smaller Contemporary Indian English Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- मेथाइ(से), Ronjoy Brahma
- It Was First Kiss; Kissing You For The F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Only, laxami Cards
- आय' दैज्लां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Was Lawrence A Sadhu? The Sadhu of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A sad sot..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas