The Undulating Fields Of England
As beautiful a scenery as there is to be seen
The undulating fields of England so lush looking and green
The hawthorn hedgerows snow white in their blossoms of the May
Where the old brook from the high ground to the river winds it's way.
Above the undulating fields of England in Spring the skylark fly
To welcome in the dawning as it creeps across the sky
And in the leafy woodlets nesting birds sing all the day
When wildflowers are in the old fields in England far away.
Old Les who drinks at the local is Yorkshire born and bred
And a life of great adventure one can say he has led
But when he returns to England he has been heard to say
It will not be for a visit it will be for the long stay.
The undulating fields of England so beautiful to view
And amongst the finest scenery i have seen they rate with the top few,
The wildflowers of the Summer are blooming by the rill
That babbles through the valley from it's birth-place by the hill.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Undulating Fields Of England by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Are You Okay?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You Mad At Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.