The Unguided Traveller
Time is the one thing that heals,
As the traveller journeys through unknown worlds,
This is what it thinks.
Through the last few years and months,
The traveller walks on,
Passing cities, people and beauty.
Gaping at every sight it sees,
For everything is full of wonder and beauty.
Simply because there is no answer,
To everything in this world,
Only lies and interpretations.
Perhaps this is what the traveller seeks,
Answers, the truth and a better understanding.
Although many of the traveller's questions,
Have unfathomably been answered.
Yet, still the traveller travels.
Every step taken boldly ahead of the other,
Sometimes quickened, sometimes slows down.
Unknowing what is leading itself,
The traveller is alone wherever it goes.
Only its own shadow to welcome and say hello.
Unimaginably, the traveller does not mind,
All the loneliness and solitude,
But welcomes it with open arms.
If you happen to see the unguided traveller,
Know one thing,
Life is but one long travel around the world.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unguided Traveller by Music Galore )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Peter S. Quinn
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Bull, Ralph Hodgson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
Poem of the Day
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver
- Suckling, Saiom Shriver