The wave of sleep washed my up on the bleak shore of the awake
half remembered dreams vanished and left behind a blank canvas.
I was alone with the grey mass of viscosity framed by boredom.
and I had no whisky or cigarettes to hide behind in my elderliness
pleasures long gone….The futures didn´t reveal itself saw I´, not
a seer, the past was an endless series of failure and I could not
recall anything in my life that had given me pleasure of lasting
kind it had all been so erratic, laughter mingled with contempt
of a circus clown with a red nose.
looked out of the window and the sleeping town I noticed some
windows had light, and the 24 hour petrol station was open
they sold cigarette and booze too, put were out of happiness
and peace of mind packed in healthy disposable green bags.
Switched on the TV, Russia had occupied itself and people there
were jubilant; and they were looking for a plane that fell from
the sky a week ago, the world changes but slowly.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The wait by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas
- Singles Dance at the Union Hall, Donal Mahoney
- Excitement, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Impulse, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Awaiting you, Pradiptakumar Mohanty