THE WAR ON DRUGS June 3rd,2011
The Global Commission on Drug Policy wants to change things around,
We have no alternative they seem to say, but to back down,
It sometimes seems as though we’ve lost the war on illegal drugs,
And instead of being arrested, the druggers should get shrugs.
The Commission wants to stop the war by reducing consumption,
If the people who do the drugs will go along with this presumption,
And if we legalize all drugs, it seems, things might be great,
But I don’t think Ottawa politicians are up for this debate.
This high profile Commission doesn’t want addicts treated as criminals,
Regardless of what drugs they do or what illegal chemicals,
They want the UN involved as though that would make a difference,
There’s probably no organization in the world more indifferent.
June 3rd 2011
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE WAR ON DRUGS June 3rd,2011 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Misconceptions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # IX, Gunnar Mo.
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos
- JULEKALENDER # V, Gunnar Mo.
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI