'You have so many scars
And you have a distinct limp,
Have you just gone home from war? '
Asked the fellow with a wink.
'Yes I've been through many battles
Lost a few but still survived
Bullets ran out in those hurdles
By sheer grace I am alive! '
The warrior stammered words
Shaking hands exposed the past
His eyes showed what he suffered
And his smile forced, did not last.
'Comrades left me in the field
When the fighting had gone fierce
But my resolve would not yield
I fought through blood, sweat and tears.'
A gentle voice that's firm and brave
Said 'This is our Human Strife
For true living is what I gave
Through the endless battles of Life.'
'Blood, sweat, and tears' is a cliche - but it is life's reality.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE WARRIOR by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Sennacherib, Gert Strydom
- waqt kaisa inqlaab laya hai, maqsood hasni