The Watcher watches me each day
Since I've grown old and gray.
If I should start to wander or stray,
The Watcher makes safe the way.
No longer do my eyes see things true,
The way they used to do.
Only images and silhouettes
The Watcher guides my steps.
I speak of things you do not know
You think this poets mad.
The Watcher knows my problems,
He finds this very sad.
As time goes on the Watcher waits
For the time to call me home.
I'll never be left afraid or alone
The Watcher watches His Own.
The Watcher has a name you know
Most highest of them all.
And every knee should bow
To Him that's living here below.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Watcher by sally ray )
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
- Later Tonight, Michael McParland
- summer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Down by the river., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)