The will is a power.
In the spirit, it calls
you forth and gives
shape and form to all.
God’s will is plain:
he seeks readiness –
so let your will answer.
Let your no become yes.
When all feeling is gone
and all counsel fails,
then faith becomes action –
a goal fills its sails.
Night swallows what’s old
when faith catches fire.
The will reawakes,
sparks leap ever higher.
What’s withered burns up
and self-will dies.
Whom God claims as his,
in him faith will arise.
Faith’s entered in –
true conversion is here.
Now the will is pure
and active and clear.
God is this will,
and he gives from above
new life, where all
was dead, and new love.
Eberhard Arnold's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Will by Eberhard Arnold )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Nymphs And Shepherds, Thomas Shadwell
Poem of the Day
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez